|GEM XVII at Murramarang - 5th Feb to 8th Feb 2012
NEWS AND UPDATES
- Wonderful news! Now we have FREE continental breakfast included in the conference package!!!!
- The Australia-Korea Workshop will immediatley follow the GEM XVII conference from the 8th to the 11th of February. It is being co-organised by the Korean Plasma Bio-Science Research Centre. Registrations for the Workshop are separate from the GEM conference and can be accessed using the registration link under the Workshop Menu on the left.
- Those wishing to attend both GEM and the Australia/Korea workshop will need to register and pay for both separately.
- Accommodation - Any issues or information to do with the Accomodation can be obtained by telephoning the resort directly. Contact is Nicole Hind, Telephone 1300 767 255 or 02 4478 6355.
- For transport from Sydney International Airport it is best to hire a car if you are arriving as a group at the same time. Buses leave the Sydney International Airport at 09.40 and 15.45 arriving Benandarah at 14.55 and 20.55 respectively. The tickets are $A55 each so please book at: www.premierms.com.au and let Rod Boswell know by email or mobile phone 0416249655 so that we can pick you up at the bus stop.
Flights to Moruya by Rex airlines depart Sydney Domestic at 14.30 and 18.50 arriving Moruya Airlort at 16.30 and 19.50 respectively, prices $A150 to $A300 one way. Please see: www.rex.com.au. This is a small aircraft and the flight is often "interesting" if there are winds.
The Gaseous Electronics Meeting (GEM) is a major conference held every two years in Australia, with strong international participation.
The GEM covers all aspects of gaseous electronics and related multidisciplinary topics and applications, including but not limited to:
- elementary processes in ionized gases
- electron and positron transport
- basic studies and diagnostics of low-temperature plasmas
- basic studies and diagnostics of fusion related plasmas
- physics of laboratory and space plasmas
- complex and dusty plasmas
- plasma processing and materials synthesis
- plasma nanoscience
- thermal plasmas: physics and industrial applications
- plasma discharges under extreme and unusual conditions
- applications of gas discharges and atomic/ion processes: environmental, energy, nanotechnology, biomedical, manufacturing, security, etc.
GEM XVII will be held at Murramarang Resort, Bateman's Bay, from Sunday Feb 5th - Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012.
PLASMA 2012: 18th International Stellarator/Heliotron Workshop & 10th Asia Pacific Plasma Theory Conference, 29 Jan to 4 Feb 2012, also at Murramarang resort. The conference scope includes plasma physics, extreme materials science, and fusion technology development.
Murramarang Resort is a luxury eco-resort located in Murramarang National Park on the New South Wales coast. The site comprises approximately 8ha of level ground with pristine north facing beachfront surrounded by bushland and has a large native fauna population, including a colony of over 300 kangaroos.
See their website for more information.
- Final registrations have ended. Contact the organisers for further information.